The iM881A-M is a compact and low-cost radio module that operates in the unlicensed 868 MHz band and combines a powerful Cortex-M0 controller with the new LoRa® transceiver SX1272 of Semtech Corporation. It has been specifically designed for battery driven devices. It consumes 40 mA in transmit with the maximum output power of +14dBm. Combined with an excellent sensitivity of down to -138 dBm a range of 12 km can be achieved in free space environment. The iM881A-M is pre-certified according the European R & TTE guideline and can be soldered like an SMD component. iM881A-M passed the Orange device interoperability test. This test validates the performance of the iM881A-M in the Orange public LoRaWAN® network environment.
The iM881A-M can be ordered with a pre-programmed embedded protocol stack in two options:
- iM881A-M LR Base:This WiMOD LR (Long Range) Base firmware is a collection of functionalities and applications like Radio Link Test, Sensor App., Data Link Service, etc. embedded in our powerful WiMOD OS operating system. It does not include any LoRaWAN® functionalities. The WiMOD LR HCI interface provides to the user direct access to many radio parameters. Please refer to the download section.
- iM881A-M LoRaWAN:The LoRaWAN® protocol stack, specified by the LoRa Alliance, is based on IBM’s LMiC and IMST’s WiMOD-OS. It enables Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWANs) for Internet-of-Things (IoT) and Machine-to Machine (M2M) applications and supports Direct or Over The Air (OTA) activation. It comes with the WiMOD LoRaWAN® HCI interface and allows easy configuration. Please refer to the download section.
- Automated Meter Reading
- Home and Building Automation
- Wireless Alarm and Security Systems
- Industrial Monitoring and Control
- Long Range Irrigation Systems
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Smart Cities