The iM282A-L is a compact and low-cost radio module that operates in the unlicensed 2.4 GHz band and combines a powerful Cortex-M3 controller with the new ultra long range transceiver SX1280 of Semtech Corporation. It has been specifically designed for battery driven applications and is able to achieve without any additional amplifiers a LoS range of more than 12 km. Please refer to the corresponding Application Note.
The WiMOD LR Base Plus firmware provides LoRa®-modem functionalities which allows to implement proprietary and cost sensitive radio networks with typical topologies like peer-to-peer and star configurations. The embedded radio protocol stack offers unacknowledged and acknowledged radio packet exchange with optional encryption and automatic power saving for battery driven applications.
Besides the modem services the firmware includes some example features which are typical for the application area of this LoRa® radio modules: a tiny sensor application which demonstrates a periodic sensor data transmission and a remote control with digital input/output via radio link.
Finally the supporting software provides two analyzing tools, which are helpful in developing radio based applications:
- Radio Link Test application which allows to analyze the radio link quality for different LoRa® radio settings by means of the typical metrics Packet RSSI, Packet SNR and Packet Error Rate
- Radio Packet Sniffer which forwards received radio packets
- Automated Meter Reading
- Home and Building Automation
- Wireless Alarm and Security Systems
- Industrial Monitoring and Control
- Long Range Irrigation Systems
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Smart Cities