The iM240B is a compact wireless module for the globally available 2.4 GHz frequency band.
The module has superb HF performance, resulting in a link budget of approx. 104 dB. Accordingly, high ranges (> 500m) can be achieved at a data rate of 250 kbps. The quality of the radio link can be evaluated using field strength measurement (RSSI1). In addition to an IEEE 802.15.4 transceiver and a microcontroller, it features an integrated PCB antenna. Of course you can get the module with a 50Ω port for connecting an external antenna. The iM240B can be soldered directly on the target hardware just as usual SMD components.
The integration of an RF system in a new or existing product is therefore significant simplified, which reduces development time, risk and costs.
- Compact radio module for 2.4 GHz
- Huge link budget (104 dB) @ 250 kbps
- RF datarate up to 250 kbps
- Compliant to IEEE 802.12.4
- Received signal strength indicator (RSSI)
- Sample applications available
- Bootloader functionallity included
- 2-wire interface (TWI2)*, compatible t
- Solderable like a SMD component
- o Philips l²C protocol
- Integrated PCB antenna or 50Ω pad
- RoHS conform
- Building automation
- Remote control